||Purpose of the Role:
We are seeking an experienced, Senior Customer Marketing Manager(CMM) to join our Research Solutions Regional Marketing team. The Senior CMM will develop and manage marketing and engagement programs to enhance relationships and expand opportunities with academic and higher education customers in North America. They will be responsible for customer engagement programs that support the retention and growth of business in North America region, and lead on execution of projects, including sourcing thought leadership opportunities, conference and event marketing, campaigns, and sponsorships. They will also be responsible for programs that generate qualified leads on a portfolio of information, content, analytics and software solutions.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, Research Solutions, North America, the Senior CMM works in close partnership with Sales and Global Marketing. The CMM should have an interest in coordination and development of informational training programs to equip the sales team with knowledge and messaging pertaining to product advancements and new product launches.
Your customers are Researchers, Librarians and Key Opinion Leaders at Academic, Government & Corporate Research institutes. The ideal candidate should therefore possess enthusiasm for science and understand marketing for the researcher and academic audiences. Knowledge of scientific research, trends in higher education and technology platforms is important to the role.
Our Product Portfolio:
You are responsible for the marketing of the full range of Research Solutions, including the Core product portfolio (Science Direct, Scopus, Mendeley) as well as the Life Sciences, Engineering and Research Intelligence portfolios.
- Develop and execute on the North America territory marketing plan in alignment with Sales, Business Development, Product, Global Marketing, and Regional Marketing partners. This includes customer marketing programs, events, and campaign programs.
- Identify and align internal resources to develop, support and execute external-facing and account-based marketing engagements
- Work with Sales to identify key customer advocates and leverage them in the field marketing plan.
- Partnership and collaboration with Sales teams to achieve commercial goals and sales objectives.
- Develop and maintain metrics to track regional marketing activity results and outcomes
- Maintain high standards of marketing planning, execution, and measurement.
- Monitor costs to budget across marketing activities.
- Responsibilities are subject to expansion and change depending on business priorities.
- Experience in account-based marketing and customer engagement for growth and expansion of commercial business.
- Strategic mindset in development of programs that combine field-based customer engagement with lead generation tactics for retention and business growth.
- Proven ability in customer engagement strategy and tactical execution on projects including: conference/tradeshow marketing, campaigns, lead generation, sales enablement, competitive intelligence, and customer events.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, and collaborative abilities to plan and execute in a matrixed organization are necessary.
- Experience in driving projects and collaborating on cross-functional teams involving Product, Sales, Business Development, Global Marketing, and other groups.
- Knowledge of marketing strategies and development of value propositions for B2B businesses.
- Understanding of Science, Technology, Medical (STM) business environment within higher education and research markets.
- Skilled project manager, organized, high attention to detail, ability to manage multiple time-sensitive projects.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills and abilities
- Graduate degree or MBA preferred.
- Strong MS Office Suite – advanced Excel, PowerPoint skills a plus
Elsevier is the leading provider of scientific, technical and medical information and tools in the world that help our customers improve scientific and healthcare outcomes. We welcome you to a truly global, dynamic and challenging environment offering great opportunities to develop yourself.
- Competitive base salary
- Generous bonus plan based on performance
- Medical, dental and 401K benefits
- All expenses and work travel fully paid
- Excellent hands-on training program and a team to support you
- Numerous online resources to assist with self-development and career progression