University of Kentucky – Economic Development Collaborative
The University of Kentucky Economic Development Collaborative (EDC) is a decentralized network of campus leaders and community stakeholders who oversee UK’s economic development and business engagement activities.
The mission of the EDC is to proactively grow economic prosperity in the Commonwealth of Kentucky in the areas of talent, innovation, place, partnership, and equitable economic development.
UK Economic Development Collaborative Framework – UK currently has six Economic Development Engagement Areas:
- UK Owned Economic Development Venues – the 735-acre Coldstream Research Campus, the Advanced Science and Technology Commercialization Center (ASTeCC Incubator), The Cornerstone, and the developing UK Innovation District.
- UK Innovate – the innovation, entrepreneurship, and economic enterprise for UK Research which includes the Office of Technology Commercialization, Launch Blue, and UK Innovation Connect.
- CEDIK – Community and Economic Development Initiative of Kentucky
- Office of Business Engagement
- Von Allmen Center for Entrepreneurship
- Stuckert Career Center
A “Core Committee” team consisting of the leaders of these six economic development engagement areas and high-level representatives of all university departments and several academic colleges formed in 2019 to prioritize and advocate for bold ideas, brainstorm innovative solutions, and identify more opportunities for UK to collaborate with local and state government and industry partners. Participants include 4 college deans, the vice provost, representatives from Research, Philanthropy, UK HealthCare, UK Information Technology, Human Resources, Purchasing, Student Success, University Relations, Athletics, UK Legal, and the President’s office.