The University Economic Development Association (UEDA) elected and announced new officers and board members during their annual Summit hosted in San Antonio, Texas.
The 2023 UEDA executive committee members include:
- Russell Mills, PhD from Bowling Green State University, President
- Dominique Halaby from Georgia Southern University, President Elect
- Teresa Merriweather Orok, PhD from Alabama A&M University, Vice President
- Margo Fliss from University of Alaska, Secretary
- Marcella Zuchovicki from Jalima & Associates, Treasurer
- Rebecca Robinson from Kansas State University, Past President
“We are excited to have Teresa move into the role of Vice President with the UEDA team! She becomes the first Black female and HBCU representative to serve in this capacity,” said Rebecca Robinson, UEDA President, “Teresa’s experience in economic development, education, and innovation is a welcome asset as we build engaging programming and initiatives for our members.”
“I am very excited to have Margo Fliss from the University of Alaska Anchorage continue as Secretary of UEDA,” said Russell Mills, UEDA President Elect. “Margo has infectious energy and passion for UEDA and has done a great job standardizing our board meeting materials and processes over the past year. I look forward to continuing to have her as part of the UEDA Board of Directors Executive Committee.”
At the UEDA Annual Meeting, the membership also elected at-large Board members to include:
- Keith Marmer from University of Utah, Member-at-Large
- Carol Stewart from University of Arizona, Member-at-Large
Learn more about our UEDA board members here.