We are now accepting proposals to host UEDA’s 2023 and 2024 annual Summits and looking for our members to open up their cities and regions to our international network.
The UEDA Summit brings together experts in leveraging college and university resources for greater economic development and community impact. For more than a decade, content experts across the university-based economic development domain convene annually to share ideas and best practices in regional economic development. Download the RFP
Those who attend the annual Summit:
- Examine the cutting-edge practices of colleagues as they compete for Awards of Excellence
- Build a learning network of colleagues to identify opportunities, develop partnerships, and ultimately tailor and apply best practices to their respective communities and organizations.
- Share success stories and lessons learned with economic development professionals from centers, organizations, colleges, and universities throughout North America.
- Gain the latest strategic insights on the ever-changing and vital roles of colleges and universities in local, regional, national, and international economic development.
UEDA is seeking proposals from universities/consortias to paint a picture of what the Summit experience would be like in your host city. We’re looking for members to submit their creative ideas on how the Summit can be executed in a sustainable and profitable way. Read the RFP
The main benefits to hosting the UEDA Annual Summit include:
- Showcasing host university’s economic development capabilities and success stories to UEDA members and media
- Highlighting and featuring host university leadership in the national spotlight and make presentations to Summit attendees
- Contributing an influx of tourism dollars to the host university’s local economy
- Recognition in media press releases, on regular and dedicated UEDA communications, and on the UEDA and Annual Summit websites
- Demonstrating dedication and support of university-related economic development practices
For more than 12 years, we’ve been bringing hundreds of professionals to cities across the country to learn from each other and the greatest minds in economic development. All proposals, hard copies and electronic copies, should be received no later than September 30, 2021 at 5:00 PM ET.
Any questions regarding the RFP will be answered here on the website.