Join the U.S. Department of Commerce/Global Markets/Trade Americas Team, the Department of Homeland Security and the Customs and Border Protection on Wednesday, February 4, 2015 at 2:00PM EST, for a free webinar designed to provide information about the U.S.-Canada Beyond the Border Initiative (BTB).
Did you know?
- The facts behind BTB and why it is important?
- What BTB means for U.S. businesses and how it benefits them?
- How you can help your clients learn about and understand these benefits?
This webinar will provide participants with information about the BTB initiative and with tools to easily educate business clients and assist in their export strategy.
By joining this webinar, you will:
- Learn about the importance of the BTB initiative and gain an understanding of the BTB action plan.
- Discover how BTB can increase cross border business for your clients.
- Understand how BTB helps U.S. companies manage their supply chain, from cargo pre-inspection and expedited customs clearance, to information on real wait time at border crossings.
- Learn how BTB facilitates cross-border business travel through its NEXUS program.
- Hear real success stories about U.S. companies, who used the BTB initiative to increase their business.
- Discuss potential challenges for American companies and travelers presented at the borders and beyond.
- Be given the opportunity to pose questions to representatives from the U.S. Embassy in Ottawa, and from the DHS and CBP headquarters.
Webinar Tentative Agenda
|2:00 p.m.||General Introductions and Moderator
Desi Jordanoff, Senior International Trade Specialist and Trade Americas Canada Sub-Team leader – Washington, DC
|2:05 p.m.||United States-Canada Beyond the Border DID you know?
Sean Kelley, Deputy Senior Commercial Officer – U.S. Embassy Ottawa – U.S. Department of Commerce
|2:20 p.m.||WHAT is Beyond the Border? Why BTB matters: Facilitation, Economic Growth, & Jobs
Deborah Myers, Director, Canadian Affairs – Office of International Affairs – Department of Homeland Security
|2:35 p.m.||BTB Success – Benefits to Travelers and Businesses
Liz Schmelzinger, Director – Office of Border Initiatives – Office of Field Operations – U. S. Customs and Border Protection
|2:50 p.m.||Questions and Answers|
|3:15 p.m.||Session Ends|
For more information, please contact Desi Jordanoff at Desi.Jordanoff@trade.gov .