UEDA members, the following menu of Equitable Economic Development (EED) themes were developed during the UEDA Summit 2021 by George Ward from University of Kentucky and Dr. Camille Burnett from Virginia Commonwealth University:
- Equity Mapping
- Talent – Recruitment – Retention – Relationships
- Networking Mentoring
- Supplier Diversity
- Roots on the Ground as Opposed to Boots
- Entrepreneurship Programs in Underserved Communities
- Leadership & Capacity Building for Underserved Communities
- From “Targeting Populations” to Reciprocal and Accountable Relationships
- Educate Economic Developers on the history of race and gender in the US, and the systemic impacts
Some are more fully developed than others, but all are meant to be a starting place for activities that you may choose to do at your universities. Feel free to edit any of the themes to fit your university, community, and/or region.
Thanks go out to all that participated in the workshop and those at UK that assisted with further editing.