Awards recognize best practices in university-based economic development
The University Economic Development Association (UEDA) is currently seeking applications for its annual Awards of Excellence program, which recognizes cutting edge university-based economic development initiatives from across the country. The Awards of Excellence Program spotlights higher education institutions and their partners who are transforming their campuses and communities into engines of economic prosperity through creative initiatives in five categories:
- Community Connected Campus: initiatives that promote the physical development of quality connected campuses and their surrounding communities
- Research and Analysis: initiatives that enhance the capacity of colleges and universities to provide new forms of research and tools for community, economic and workforce development practitioners
- Leadership and Collaboration: initiatives that support the development of collaborative economic development strategies and the leaders required to implement them
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship: initiatives designed to support startups, high-growth companies and clusters within a region
- Talent Development: initiatives that promote the development of 21st-century skills
Deadline for nominations is June 30, 2015 and will not be extended. A webinar featuring past award winners was held this spring to further explain the awards application submission and presentation processes. A video of this webinar is archived and available to view at: https://youtu.be/bE-53LkJuzs. Complete details about the UEDA Awards of Excellence program, including the awards nomination form, can be found at: http://awards.universityeda.org.