The deadline for submissions for the inaugural issue of the Journal of Economic Development in Higher Education has been extended to August 15. We would appreciate your help in getting the word out to help encourage submissions.
Initial Issue of the Journal of Economic Development in Higher Education
(the journal of the University Economic Development Association)
The University Economic Development Association (UEDA) is pleased to announce the launch of the brand-new Journal of Economic Development in Higher Education. From now until August 15, we are seeking submissions for the inaugural issue of the journal, which we expect to publish in December 2015. In addition, we are seeking editorial board members and peer reviewers with expertise in a wide range of fields.
The Journal of Economic Development in Higher Education is an online, peer-reviewed journal dedicated to the study of university-led economic development. The Journal examines ways in which institutions of higher education foster competitiveness through human capital formation; research and innovation; and quality-of-place strategies that make communities attractive places to live, work, operate businesses, and raise families.
Submissions for Publication
- Promoting economic development, innovation, and entrepreneurship, especially through interdisciplinary initiatives and public-private partnerships;
- Improving the impact, reach, and applicability of the institution’s research—and improving the impact and reach of other strategic niches of expertise—to enhance institutional and regional competitiveness;
- Applying basic and applied research to solve an industry’s—or the region’s—most pressing challenges;
- Leveraging institutional research and other resources to accelerate business formation and growth, develop new products and services, and/or link local businesses to the global economy through foreign investment or trade;
- Engaging and linking elements of their region’s innovation ecosystem;
- Developing and implementing solutions to their region’s human capital and workforce needs;
- Facilitating access by various constituents to information or institutional resources; and
- Stewardship for vibrant regions:
- Innovative economies,
- Livable communities,
- Social inclusion, and
- Collaborative governance
The Journal also seeks submissions addressing the theoretical underpinnings on exactly why and how university-led economic development benefits society.
Further information about submitting a manuscript, including author guidelines can be found on the Journal website. Questions about potential submissions should be directed to Brian Richard, JEDHE Editor.
Each research article published in the Journal will be subject to a peer review process. Because we expect a broad spectrum of subject matter and methodologies, we are seeking reviewers with expertise in a wide range of fields. Preferred qualifications include an advanced degree (Masters / Ph.D.), experience with the peer review process, and/or knowledge experience in specific fields / research methodologies.
Questions about becoming a peer reviewer and the review process should be directed to Brian Richard, JEDHE Editor.
JEDHE is seeking to expand its editorial board. The editorial board recruits authors and reviewers, assists with the editorial process, and advises the Journal Editor. Preferred qualifications include an advanced degree (Masters / Ph.D.), experience with journal management, and extensive experience with the peer review process.
Questions about joining the editorial board should be directed to Brian Richard, JEDHE Editor. For the purposes of this journal, institutions of higher education include community colleges, 4-year colleges, universities, consortiums of these types of entities, or affiliated institutions with an economic development mission, to include university-hosted Small Business Development Centers, business incubators, business accelerators, research and technology parks, etc.