Delivering the Future: Higher Education’s Role in an Ever-Changing World
Each year, the UEDA Annual Summit welcomes thought leaders from across the country to share ideas and best practices in university economic development. This year, we found our Summit home in Long Beach, California, a national hub of global commerce and recognized as one of the leading municipalities in governing a diversity of communities that harmoniously inspire innovation.
Participants in the Annual Summit will:
- Examine the cutting-edge practices of colleagues as they compete for Awards of Excellence–you judge the best of the best.
- Build a learning network of colleagues to identify opportunities, develop partnerships, and ultimately tailor and apply best practices to their respective communities and organizations.
- Share success stories and lessons learned with economic development professionals from centers, organizations, colleges, and universities throughout North America.
- Gain the latest strategic insights on the ever-changing and vital roles of colleges and universities in local, regional, national, and international economic development.
When & Where?
October 1-4, 2017
For travel purposes, attendees should plan on arriving before 3 p.m. on Sunday, with the conference wrapping up at noon on Wednesday.
Renaissance Long Beach Hotel
Long Beach, California
What will Occur?
Why Long Beach?
Long Beach California is a city that prides itself on diversity. Combining it’s connection to global commerce with one of the largest sea ports in the world, and the city’s elected officials and their governance focused on the local community, Long Beach is an exemplification of American citizens adopting a globalized mentality, while continuing to prioritize their community. With iconic scenery such as the Queen Mary in the Long Beach Harbor, and a nationally awarded Marina for it’s maintenance and pioneering of clean marina systems, Long Beach has managed to balance industry and their environment. It’s home to a thriving arts scene that includes the Museum of Latin American Art and less than an hours drive from four national parks that offer hiking, skiing, snowboarding and recreational activities year long. Downtown Long Beach is a thriving leader in social technology, ranking as one of the top producing cities for social media content. Going “Live” on Facebook isn’t just encouraged, it’s expected.
Who Will be There?
- College and University Presidents
- Deans, Provosts, & Outreach Officers
- EDA Center Directors
- External & Government Affairs Administrators
- Innovation, Commercialization & Technology Transfer Directors
- Officials from Higher Education System Offices
- Economic Developers
- Economic Development Consultants
- Market Development Specialists
- Federal Agency Program Directors
- State and Federal Grant Administrators
- Manufacturing Extension Partnership Directors
- Workforce Development Directors
- Small Business Development Centers
Build Recognition for your Initiatives
The UEDA Annual Summit is an ideal venue to showcase your work, play a leadership role and expose others to your organization. You can do this by:
- Submitting a topic for a panel: The Summit is about sharing the best and emerging trends in university-related economic development. Share your organization’s experience and lessons learned with the economic development community.
- Applying for an Award of Excellence: This peer recognition generates national attention and is a great way to publicly promote and validate the impacts that your efforts are having in your community.
- Serving as a Sponsor or Exhibitor: Your sponsorship or exhibition role will generate new ideas and new leads, as well as increase colleagues’ awareness about your organization’s commitment to university-based economic development.