It Takes a Region: Talent + Innovation + Place
Each year, the UEDA Annual Summit welcomes thought leaders from across the country to share ideas and best practices in university economic development. Participants in the Annual Summit will:
- Examine the cutting-edge practices of colleagues as they compete for Awards of Excellence–you judge the best of the best.
- Build a learning network of colleagues to identify opportunities, develop partnerships, and ultimately tailor and apply best practices to their respective communities and organizations.
- Share success stories and lessons learned with economic development professionals from centers, organizations, colleges, and universities throughout North America.
- Gain the latest strategic insights on the ever-changing and vital roles of colleges and universities in local, regional, national, and international economic development.
When & Where?
October 16-19, 2016
For travel purposes, attendees should plan on arriving before 3 p.m. on Sunday, with the conference wrapping up at noon on Wednesday.
Hotel Roanoke & Convention Center
What will Occur?
The City of Roanoke is a vibrant city that combines pulsating urban energy with genuine southern charm. As the largest Virginia city west of Richmond, Roanoke is the cultural and business hub of the Blue Ridge Mountains. It’s home to a thriving arts scene that includes a symphony, ballet, theater, numerous art galleries and the nationally-known Taubman Museum of Art. Downtown Roanoke is also a treasure trove of unique shopping and eclectic restaurants. The City of Roanoke has been named an All-American City, one of America’s Most Livable Communities, and a top Digital City.
Who Will be There?
- College and University Presidents
- Deans, Provosts, & Outreach Officers
- EDA Center Directors
- External & Government Affairs Administrators
- Innovation, Commercialization & Technology Transfer Directors
- Officials from Higher Education System Offices
- Economic Developers
- Economic Development Consultants
- Market Development Specialists
- Federal Agency Program Directors
- State and Federal Grant Administrators
- Manufacturing Extension Partnership Directors
- Workforce Development Directors
- Small Business Development Centers
Build Recognition for your Initiatives
The UEDA Annual Summit is an ideal venue to showcase your work, play a leadership role and expose others to your organization. You can do this by:
- Submitting a topic for a panel: The Summit is about sharing the best and emerging trends in university-related economic development. Share your organization’s experience and lessons learned with the economic development community.
- Applying for an Award of Excellence: This peer recognition generates national attention and is a great way to publicly promote and validate the impacts that your efforts are having in your community.
- Serving as a Sponsor or Exhibitor: Your sponsorship or exhibition role will generate new ideas and new leads, as well as increase colleagues’ awareness about your organization’s commitment to university-based economic development.