It Takes a Region: Talent+Innovation+Place
On behalf of the UEDA Board of Directors and Members, welcome to UEDA. UEDA serves as the national membership organization representing higher education, the private sector, and community economic development stakeholders. It has been my privilege to be a part of this cornerstone organization for the past several years. Now as its President, I am energized and enthusiastic about the opportunities afforded to our UEDA members. Together, we represent the “voice” of university-based economic development in communities throughout the country.
Higher education stimulates innovation and entrepreneurship leading to new businesses and opportunities for the next generation. There is an unquestionable correlation between higher education and economic prosperity. UEDA can assist each of you in meeting your needs and stimulating growth in your communities.
Members benefit from timely news, public policy information, educational programming, and best practice models. These tools assist UEDA members in leveraging research, planning, talent development, and commercialization initiatives that are revitalizing our communities.
Your active involvement and participation is the best way UEDA can meet its goals of being the go-to organization for higher education economic development.
- Become a member and/or renew your membership annually
- Sign up and volunteer for a UEDA Committee
- Encourage your colleagues to become engaged in UEDA; invite other institutions in your state to join UEDA
- Nominate your institution for the UEDA Awards of Excellence program. New award categories for 2016 include Talent, Innovation, and Place
- Share your success stories and best practice models; contribute to our newsletter.
- Attend the Annual Summit in Roanoke, Virginia (October 16-19, 2016)
Please let me know how we can continue to make UEDA successful for you.