Many members gain significant membership benefit by serving on one of our committees, or on our volunteer board of directors. UEDA will elect the following board positions in 2016:
- Vice President (4-year term)
- Up to five At-Large Board Members (2-year terms)
Voting will occur at the Annual Business Meeting on Tuesday, October 18, 2016, as part of the Annual Summit in Roanoke, VA. We hope you’ll consider joining this enthusiastic and engaging group of individuals, as we work together to advance our mission.
Nominations are now being accepted for each of these positions via the online form below. Nominations which are received by noon (ET) on Monday, September 12, 2016, will be shared with the voting membership via email by September 16, along with balloting information. Nominations will not be accepted from the floor during the Annual Business Meeting.
The UEDA bylaws require at least six and allow for up to ten at-large members. The UEDA Board would like to fill all ten allowable at-large member seats. Therefore, there are five at-large Board positions open for nominations. UEDA bylaws allow for two consecutive terms served before a member becomes term limited and is ineligible for nomination.
Nominate someone else…
UEDA welcomes and encourages self-nominations. Serving as a UEDA Board member or officer is a rewarding experience and provides opportunities for professional growth and development.
General Board Member Responsibilities
- Attend most UEDA Board meetings (monthly teleconferences)
- Market UEDA to universities and other organizations in your region
- Obtain 3 new members for UEDA annually
- Serve on at least one UEDA committee
- Notify organizations, to which you hold membership, about UEDA
- Obtain at least one sponsor for the Annual Summit
- Attend UEDA Annual Summit annually
- Participate in annual membership initiatives, as developed
- Support UEDA by attending UEDA-organized events, meetings, and other special activities when possible
- Provide input and feedback on UEDA programs and activities
- Collaborate with and offer support to fellow Board members and UEDA staff
- Represent UEDA when engaging with partners, federal and state representatives, and Governors’ Offices
- Support policies and programs that advance the mission of UEDA when possible and appropriate
Please note that only Voting Members are eligible to serve on the Board of Directors. An organization may change its Voting Member to accommodate this requirement by contacting Tim Hindes via email.
All Board candidates are expected to submit a high-resolution photograph, a (no more than) 400-word biographical sketch by September 12, 2016 and will be asked to make a brief statement at the annual meeting prior to the election. Those elected are expected to attend the Board of Directors meeting scheduled for the morning of Wednesday, October 18 in Roanoke, following the Summit.
Please complete the Board Nomination form below by noon ET on September 12, 2016.